My fambam and I just stayed home (something we like to do every year) so that we're able to accomplish our crazy superstitions for the New Year. I know that everyone has their own superstitions but I wonder if anyone does what we do every year. Now-if you don't know this already...I'm really superstitious. I can't help it-it's just in my nature. If you don't believe me, check out my list of New Years Eve/Day Superstitions:
New Years Eve-
1. Open all doors, windows, drawers/cabinets to let good fortune in.
2. Make a lot of noise to ward of evil spirits.
3. Clean your house.
4.Turn on all the lights in your house so the year will be a bright one.
5. Wear polka-dots
6. Make sure to have your wallet and all pockets filled with coins and money to bring prosperity.
7. Pay off your debt.
8. Jump up and down once the clock strikes midnight so you can grow.
9. Have 12 round fruits (one for each month)
10. Walk around outside of your home with your luggage. This will allow travel for the year.
New Years Day-
1. Don't spend any money. Spending money today will mean you will be spending money for the rest of the year.
2. Don't dust, throw away the trash, etc. because you will sweep away the good fortune that came to you on New Year's Eve.
Have any of you heard of these superstitions before and if you have, do you do any of them? Do you have any to add to the list? If so, comment me and let me know! I just might take some from your list and add it to mine. =)