It's funny because the other day, I was putting together a gift for my cousin's baby shower. I thought it would be such a cool idea to have every guest bring some type of memorabilia (popular CD, a movie, a magazine, etc.), so that when her daughter opens this box, she will see what things were popular when she was born. I think every parent should do this for their child, but that's just me. =)
Imagine a 100 years from now...would ipods, MacBooks, Apple and Samsung products be non-existent? Would that generation even know what these items are? The generation today doesn't even know what a cassette player or Walkman is - and those existed only 20 years or so ago.
The Obvious Items:
- Apple Products
- Samsung Products
- Any Laptop
- Memory Cards
- CD of popular artists
- DVD of popular movies
- Stylus for touchscreen devices
- Makeup -who knows if they will use something different?
- All the magazines (ranging from fashion, gossip, DIY, cars, cooking, etc.). - This way they can see what today's styles and trends look like.
- Cricut Machine & Accessories - Gotta have this in there, especially since this is the age of DIYselfers!
- Any books I've written
- Notepad, pen & pencil - Now this may seem odd, since this has been around forever, but we live in an age of environmentally friendly - so paper to write on might not be existent in 100 years...who knows?
- Credit and Debit Cards - Carrying plastic might be a thing of the past. They may be scanning our retina to determine eligibility!
If you have any ideas out there, shout them out in the comments below! Let me know if you agree with this list and what items you would put in there.